Asal MACARONs ni dari France..nuuu....PAQIZ....x pa jom kita buat...kuih yg dok heboh2 ni..
Yg akak buatkan...x taulah jdik ke tidak...cengkerang d luar rapuh ..lembut...dlm pulaq..chewy..liat2 gitu.....manis...memanglah!!!!! tpi sedaplah..lemak2 manis..
Macham makan chocolate...kata manis...tpi nk lagi..dan lagi.... dan lagi......
Yg kecing manis......advise jgn makan lah na...pasai kalau mula makan...dia x leh berhenti...he..he..he..MACARONS punya pukulan..!!!
80g egg white (at room temperature)
65g caster sugar
80g ground almond
140g icing sugar
1/2tsp lemon juice
orange yellow colouring powder (i did 2 batches.. used purple in the other batch)
100g dark chocolate (i used valrhona 64%)
50g whipping cream
Swiss Meringue Macarons:
1. Line 3 to 4 baking trays with silicon sheet. (i used baking sheet)
2. Use a round cookies cutter, press it into some cocoa powder or flour.
3. Use the cookies cutter to make some round imprint on the silicon sheet and set aside.
4. Sift icing sugar and almond together and set aside.
5. Pour sugar and egg white into a heatproof pan and place it over a saucepan of simmering water.
6. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved and the mixture is warm to the touch (about 50 to 55C).
7. Pour the egg white and lemon juice into the mixing bowl with the whisk attachment and beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks then add in the powder colouring. (this time i used purple and yellow - shud hv added more powder as it turned out to be pastel purple lol)
8. Continue to beat until the egg white has cooled down and it look smooth and shiny. (medium peak but not dry)
9. Fold in the sifted mixture in 4 portions into the meringue. Do not over fold batter until it turn watery, batter should be slightly thicker than cake batter.(I hv tried dumping the sifted mixture all at once.. it works too)
10.Spoon batter into a piping bag and pipe it within the round imprint which had made earlier on.
11.Let the macarons to rest for 30mins.
12.Preheat oven to 150C.
13.Bake a tray at a time for 20-25mins, depend on individual oven. (i baked mine for 12mins)
14.Remove macarons and cool on a wire rack. (if ur having difficulty removing shell, spray a little water (mist) under baking sheet.. let it sit for a few sec and peel it off)
1. Heat up the whipping cream.
2. Pour it into the dark chocolate and stir until it melted and smooth.
3. Leave it aside to set. (Slightly thicken for piping.)